RABBI GOLDFEIN BEATS THE KGB: Snippets
In continuation to the previous article (HERE) with a written summary of Rabbi Goldfein’s Farbrengen on Sunday, we present you here the continuation, this time we took all the snippets and put them together into one part. Enjoy!
DISCLAIMER: Considering the fact the Farbrengen wasn’t recorded, and Sholom Ber wasn’t inside the whole time, due to the fact he was being bothered by Benny Hershcovich, not everything was written down. And even what was written down, was written in summary, and people are bound to forget. So this series of Articles include roughly 70% of the Farbrengen. Sorry!
* The Competition
Some time later, after I already started going every year, I realized that there is another Bochur who goes very often to
* “My Problem & Your Problem”
It is known the Ukrainian Goyim are big Schmuks and anti-semites, they are way worse than the Russians. It is a known fact that the Goyim in
The law in
Then I answered: “In life there are two columns, ‘My Problem’ and ‘Your Problem’, this goes under the column of ‘Your Problems’ ” When he heard this, his eyes were smoking from the anger, but couldn’t do anything and let me through.
* The Misnagdishe Chickens in
In general, only Lubavitch did Peulos in the cities, except for
Once, I was with two Snag Bochurim in the
* “She said: “Write Slowly” so I wrote SLOWLY...”
As the time went by, the trips were becoming easier, easier to bring in what we needed. In Chanukah 1986, I went there with my wife and we had six suitcases, half-a-suitcase of our clothing, and five-and-a-half of stuff for the community. We had 200 boxed Menorahs, a few hundred boxes of candles, a big quantity of Mezuzos and Five Shchita Knifes. When we got to Customs we had this witch מכשיפה who bothered us.
When she checked the Mezuza she said: “This is secret codes, secret messages promoting the revolution”, I tried to convince her that it is religious articles and there is no problem but she didn’t want to hear. So then she told me I should write on it, I didn’t know what to do, I can’t write on the front side where its smooth, I have to write on the back, but she was looking, so I shuffled around the Mezuzos, like shuffling cards, until the top one was on its back, and I turned to her. She told me “Write slowly”. So I wrote SLOWLY and gave it to her... She got angry and started screaming “Do you want problems?” and she continued screaming.
In the meantime the other guy was busy opening up the Tefillin and ruining them, so I screamed to them that they aren’t allowed to do it because it is religious articles. Then I called the supervisor and made a great Tumult and finally received back all what they took away.
* Near-Arrest Experience in
One of times, we arranged a Chanukah Party in someone house. I didn’t realize that one the other side of the road there was a government building with a security checkpoint on the street in front of it. After the party, we walked together, a group of 12, all merry and happy and we reached the checkpoint. We, the strangers had no business doing anything on that street so we were worried. So the Russian dudes figured out a way of doing it. We all crowded together and some gave the documentation and the guard couldn’t remember who he checked who he didn’t, so we all passed and patted the guard on his shoulder...
* The Different Lubavitcher Sects
* KGB Spying on Lubavitchers in
Some people think that we fooled the KGB and they didn’t know what we do. I think they knew but didn’t care if we didn’t make a big Shturem out of it. One of the times I was sitting in the investigation in the airport, the investigator pulls down a screen, like a projector and shows me a series of pictures of Lubavitcher Bochurim & Baale-Batim in NY, pictures of all the people who go to Russia in different places, in Crown Heights, on Mivtzoim, etc. and he told me: “We know exactly what you do here”, but he didn’t make an issue. So I answered him “I tip my hat to you that you are so good...”
* The Rebbe knew exactly what happened and how.
The Rebbe always demanded a full Duch (report) immediately after we returned. After my first trip to Siberia (see in different part), I returned to the
* The Lady who helped the Rebbe
One of the times I went to pick up some stuff from the “offices” of the organization, Rabbi Moshe Levertov OBM, the leader of the organization gave me a slip of paper with a name of an old lady and told me: “You should help her out in everything, she helped the Rebbe when the Rebbe needed it”. Till today I don’t know what she did, but I never asked...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home