Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Rabbi Berger bashes Students with Extreme Sdorim Disorder

After Mincha, Sholom Ber gave Rabbi Berger a list of all those who have to pay back time for missing Seder during today and yesterday. After a quick glance, Rabbi Berger deemed it important enough to decide to speak about it after Maariv tonight. So, the Rabbi announced that during Chassidus Night he will speak with the Bochurim who missed time. During Chassidus Night time Rabbi Berger spoke to the guys and heard some pretty interesting tales and reasonings and it was incorportaed into his speech later on.

After Maariv, Rabbi Berger asked everyone to sit down and started lashing and bashing the whole Yeshiva for coming late to Seder.

Rabbi Berger started by saying that he was extremely surprised to see that so many Bochurim missed Sdorim over the past two days, a development he didn't expect considering the fact that there is a "Ski Trip" contest for those who perfect in Sdorim. He also expressed sorrow for those who missed 5 or 6 hours and will have to make it up sometime. Then the action started.

Rabbi Berger pondered over the fact that some Bochurim complained that there were stereos playing loudly after lights-out, and said: "I don't want to hear complaints, I do not want to be called at 2:00am to come to the dorm. If I am called I will be in bad spirits, and if I catch you doing something wrong your life is in danger"

And he continued, speaking about the Vekker: "Some Bochurim used the fasting as an excuse to sleep in this morning, well I am telling you all that I give permission to the Vekker to do anything needed to get Bochurim out of bed, be it by pouring water over them, or flipping their mattresses over. Yossi, If anyone hits you, hit him back. If someone hits you I want you to knock the living daylights out of them to a point where they will have to be transported by ambulance..."

In the middle of one of the sentences he mentioned about these people who shift from place to place during lights out: "...Those who are shifting, we will have to shift something somewhere else, up your" Vince volunteered to finish the sentence but Rabbi Berger didn't let him.

After the bashing was over, Rabbi Berger demanded everyone "including Avremi Goldfein" be present at Chassidus the next morning, then he asked the people who needed to stay to come ober and talk to him. In the end only Mendy Boaron & Avremi Goldfein stayed extra time, until 11:00pm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home