Levi Berger's Birthday Farbrengen

Last night, a Farbrengen took place in Rabbi Berger's house in honor of Levi Berger's 15th Birthday. The Farbrengen was lead by Rabbi Berger who farbrenged about the importance of a birthday, and the importance of being prepared for going into the Rebbe (in connection with the "Bosi LeGani" Mivtza for Yud Shvat). Some of the Farbrengen highlights:
* Rabbi Berger then said a story about his young years in 770, right after he came from Yeshiva of Telz in Cleveland, when the Bochurim would take advantage of the "snag" and make fun of his past: "One day, when I was a Bochur, I walked outside of 770 and I see Yisroel Shmotkin (today the Head Shliach of Wisconsin), who was one of the elder Bochurim, standing in front of 788, next to a tree and thinking. I was fresh out of Telz and didn't understand what he was doing, so I walk over to him and when he sees me he continues meditating and motions with his hand as if he is blowing a fly away. I asked him: "Yisroel, What are you doing?", and he asnwered "I am thinking Chassidus and blowing it all the way to Cleveland"...".
* He then continued elaborating on the great effect of learning Torah by heart and repeating it on the street, it purifies the street and makes you a better person. That's the lesson to learn from the previous story.
* He then continued explaining the Mivtza of Bosi LeGani and challenged the Bochurim to do some אותיות themselves, and he will join in too. Sruli Weiss piped in that Rabbi Berger must match it, and do it בבת אחת, in one shot. Rabbi Berger reluctantly agreed. Then the following People took upon themselves to do אותיות:
- Rabbi Berger - 10 אותיות in one shot.
- Yankee Kopfstien ("Even Though I Can't be bothered!"), Mendy Ajzsenszmidt, Gav Cohen, Sruli Weiss, Dovi Chein & Avi Wrubell - 10 אותיות.
- Avi Mogilevsky - will try to join in.
- Simcha Bloom - 5 אותיות.
- Schneur Hayes - The Maamarim of תשכ"ו & תשמ"ו.
The only one who did not want to participate in this Hachlata and was cloaking it in a Chassidishe Cloak "I will do it anyways...", the one who did not want to commit to anything, was the Birthday Boy, Levi Berger. After 10 minutes of harassment by part of the Bochurim, he agreed to do 10 אותיות.
* Rabbi Berger also said a story about a Bochur who killed his day studying too much, adding time in learning because the Rebbe told him "Adding in לימוד התורה", until the Mashpia explained to that Bochur that adding is in QUALITY not QUANTITY. This applies to all Bochurim of our Yeshiva.
* Rabbi Berger then said a story about his young years in 770, right after he came from Yeshiva of Telz in Cleveland, when the Bochurim would take advantage of the "snag" and make fun of his past: "One day, when I was a Bochur, I walked outside of 770 and I see Yisroel Shmotkin (today the Head Shliach of Wisconsin), who was one of the elder Bochurim, standing in front of 788, next to a tree and thinking. I was fresh out of Telz and didn't understand what he was doing, so I walk over to him and when he sees me he continues meditating and motions with his hand as if he is blowing a fly away. I asked him: "Yisroel, What are you doing?", and he asnwered "I am thinking Chassidus and blowing it all the way to Cleveland"...".
* He then continued elaborating on the great effect of learning Torah by heart and repeating it on the street, it purifies the street and makes you a better person. That's the lesson to learn from the previous story.
* He then continued explaining the Mivtza of Bosi LeGani and challenged the Bochurim to do some אותיות themselves, and he will join in too. Sruli Weiss piped in that Rabbi Berger must match it, and do it בבת אחת, in one shot. Rabbi Berger reluctantly agreed. Then the following People took upon themselves to do אותיות:
- Rabbi Berger - 10 אותיות in one shot.
- Yankee Kopfstien ("Even Though I Can't be bothered!"), Mendy Ajzsenszmidt, Gav Cohen, Sruli Weiss, Dovi Chein & Avi Wrubell - 10 אותיות.
- Avi Mogilevsky - will try to join in.
- Simcha Bloom - 5 אותיות.
- Schneur Hayes - The Maamarim of תשכ"ו & תשמ"ו.
The only one who did not want to participate in this Hachlata and was cloaking it in a Chassidishe Cloak "I will do it anyways...", the one who did not want to commit to anything, was the Birthday Boy, Levi Berger. After 10 minutes of harassment by part of the Bochurim, he agreed to do 10 אותיות.
* Rabbi Berger also said a story about a Bochur who killed his day studying too much, adding time in learning because the Rebbe told him "Adding in לימוד התורה", until the Mashpia explained to that Bochur that adding is in QUALITY not QUANTITY. This applies to all Bochurim of our Yeshiva.
1 Comments:
I Luv the way rabbi bergers holding on tight to that bottle !
Post a Comment
<< Home